Celebrate the Thai New Year at Sukothai
Songkran, also known as the Thai Water Festival, symbolises the use of water to cleanse away bad luck and welcome blessings for the Thai New Year ahead.
Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre invites you to join the biggest festive celebrations for Thai New Year at Sukothai, the hotel’s Thai specialty restaurant, with a three-day Songkran Bangkok Night Bazaar.
The Sukothai team has prepared a special menu specifically for the festivities, and guests will be able to enjoy performances by folkloric dancers and musicians especially ﬂown from Thailand for the bazaar.
Staying close to tradition, diners can expect to experience the true flavours of Thai cuisine, with a variety of sweet, savoury, spicy tastes and aromas in a warm, cosy ambience.
Highlights of the special Songkran menu include Somtom, a papaya salad with your choice of peanuts, anchovy and blue crab. Hot appetisers such as Goong Thod Ta Khai, deep fried minced chicken and prawns, flavoured with lemon grass served with sweet & sour sauce and main courses such as Goong Ob Woon Sen, a hot pot of glass noodles with prawn flavored soya sauce and celery.
To complete the evening, diners will be treated to a satisfyingly sweet variety of desserts including Kham On Man, steam tapioca with shredded coconut, Tab Tim Krob, water chestnut in sweet coconut milk and Kha Nom Chan, steamed rice layer cake.
Consulting Chef of Sukothai Chitlada Thanomsak and her team are at the helm of the culinary offering and will be serving a host of Thai favourites with more than 50 distinct dishes on the menu.
Chef Chitlada is the winner of the first Thai Super Chef Contest, which took place in 2003, and has subsequently bagged a number of other awards and accolades. Due to her expertise and heartfelt dedication to Thai cuisine, Chef Chitlada has been named Goodwill Ambassador for Thailand by the Thai Government. You can be rest assured that this is a dining experience not to be missed!
INFO: 7pm-11pm, Wed 13-Fri 15 Apr, Dhs199 per person for food only, Dhs249 per person including house beverages, Sukhothai, Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, 04 702 2455, Sukhothai.firstname.lastname@example.org, www.sukhothai-dubai.com
- Banana blossom salad with shredded grilled chicken in mild chili sauce
- Grilled fish fillet topped with shallots and mint leaves served with a lime sauce
- Prawn in mixed Thai herbs topped with crispy fish
- Mushroom & minced chicken wrap with rice and served with mild mint sauce
- Deep-fried minced chicken salad flavoured with roasted rice
- Crispy rice salad with peanut and, ginger in mild lime dressing
- Papaya Salad with your choice of Peanuts, Anchovy, Blue Crab
- Deep fried minced chicken and prawns, flavoured with lemon grass served with sweet &sour sauce
- Steamed chicken dumplings pandan flavoured
- Deep-fried fish cake with cucumber dipping
- Deep fried Chicken dumpling
- Crispy vegetable spring rolls
- Grilled marinated tender chicken sate with turmeric, served with peanut sauce
- Grilled Marinated tender lamb sate serve with peanut sauce
- Roasted marinated beef with garlic & pepper served with BBQ sauce, dried chili sauce and green chili sauce
- Duck Noodle Stew with Bean sprouts
- Beef Noodle Stew with Bean sprouts
- Hot pot of glass noodles with prawn-flavored soya sauce and celery
- A Mild curry of grilled fish (mild) wrapped in banana leaf
- Tender beef chunks with creamy red curry sauce
- Chicken green curry with young banana, flavored basil leaves
- Deep fried marinated chicken with crispy fried shallots
- Stir-fried mixed green vegetables in oyster sauce
- Steamed Jasmine rice
- Steamed sticky rice with Anchan flower
- Mixed Thai fruits - carved
- Steamed tapioca with shredded coconut
- Sweet glutinous rice pandan flavoured
- Stuffed dumpling with Palm sugar in coconut milk
- Crispy water chestnut in sweet coconut milk
- Roasted egg custard
- Sticky rice mango tart
- Steamed rice layer cake